[blindkid] Zoom Text with Speech vs. JAWS

Jess jessica.trask.reagan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 17:43:53 UTC 2009

Kim,
I'm no expert. But, the fact that you said that your daughter hasn't been
trained on ZoomText makes the big difference to me as to why she won't use
it. Since she had a training on JAWS she most likely prefers hearing
Eloquence speech over Via Voice or whatever Synthesizer is used in
Magnifier/Reader version of ZoomText. By the way I'm much like your daughter
I prefer using JAWS to ZoomText because all the ZoomText does in my case is
make the screen area larger. And, I'm already using a 19 inch or so flat
panel monitor. Also, Freedom Scientific also has a Magnifier Program called
MaGic as well Both JAWS and MaGic work seamlessly together.
Jessica