[blindkid] Natural Reader 9.0 and shoe tying

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at worldnet.att.net
Wed Sep 2 01:04:56 UTC 2009

Hi, Amber.

I also had quite a hard time grasping the concept of tying a bow - I'm blind
from birth - and I recall a breakthrough when my grandfather explained that
I should make two loops, like two bunny ears, and then tie them in a knot.
It worked, and later I somehow mastered more sophisticated methods.  I once
taught a blind teen to tie a bow by using heavy cord, something like macrame
cord, and tying bows on the back of a chair.  With the thick cord it was
easier for him to figure out what was going on.

Hope this helps!

Debbie