[blindkid] [Bulk] PE for blind student

Brandy w branlw at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 17 02:14:06 UTC 2009

Hi, This is tough. It is not fair to your daughter or the other kids to have
to lead her in third grade. I found this to work starting in 6th grade or
so. There is a wide variety of adaptive equipment that can be used to help
her be independent. Growing up I had a mix of adaptive PE, and regular PE. I
honestly enjoyed the regular better. Good orientation to the gym, the games
well explained, and the adaptive equipment used were keys to my success.
Sometimes they would have a TA or school volunteer work with me. My friends
would also volunteer to be my partner. Last on a few occasions they had a
kid from an older grade come and I remember enjoying that. Hope this helps.
Sitting out is not a good idea! Bran

"For a small child there is no division between playing and learning;
between the things he or she does "just for fun" and things that are
"educational." The child learns while living and any part of living that is
enjoyable is also play." Penelope Leach

 Brandy Wojcik
Discovery Toys Group Manager and Educational Consultant

Shop online any time!
www.playtoachieve.com
(512) 231-8697

Let me know if I can help with any of the following:
* Starting your own Discovery Toys business
* Best buy bundles allow you to shop at a discount year round
* How you can earn toys for free
* Gift baskets for all ages
* Gift certificates
* Office setups and much more