[blindkid] School psych & educational evaluations

Sally Thomas seacknit at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 14:33:16 UTC 2009

You might find the information in this article helpful:
http://www.tsbvi.edu/Outreach/seehear/winter00/assessment_info.htm.  It
concerns the role of the parent in testing.  There is a lot of additional
information on the TSBVI website (www.tsbvi.edu) concerning testing VI kids.
I agree with Heather's stand on the possibility of abuse of test results.
My son had some testing done at a well respected testing center.  They had
no experience with blindness (it's a long story).  Part of their results
concluded that he was impulsive and probably ADD because he touched some of
the testing equipment.  He was not asked to NOT touch the equipment.

Sally Thomas