[blindkid] Educational evaluations

EMMOL at aol.com EMMOL at aol.com
Tue Sep 22 21:40:36 UTC 2009

Holly,
I wonder if you might ask that the psychologist consult with an evaluator
from Overbrook. We had positive results from our contact with them, although
it  was years ago with Early Intervention.

As I work for  a district in NJ, I called to discuss with the company  what
modifications they would recommend when doing psychological testing for a
blind child. (Again, years ago.)
We were fortunate to have a psychologist from our district evaluate when
they were testing for the Gifted Program. He knew our son and was comfortable
 making modifications for blindness.
Good luck.
Eileen