[blindkid] some questions for parents of blind high schoolers

Sally Thomas seacknit at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 19:49:45 UTC 2010

Some questions for those of you who have kids in high school or recently
graduated:  I'm wonder if your kids continue to get direct services from the
teacher of blind students while in high school.  Did/do the kids see the
teacher during the school day or before or after the regular school day?
How many hours per week of services does your child receive?  Do you wish it
was more or less?  Do you have consult service hours (time for the teacher
of blind students to talk with the classroom teachers) detailed in the IEP
document?

It's IEP time again here so I'm trying to get some perspective on the
upcoming high school years.

Sally Thomas