[blindkid] some questions for parents of blind high schoolers

Jessica jess28 at samobile.net
Sat Apr 17 00:15:27 UTC 2010

Sally,
The whole time I was in high school I worked with Teachers for the
Visually Impaired. It was ever really totally clear to me as why I was
still working with them because it's not like we did a whole lot of
stuff. In fact, if you asked most the students faculty and staff
especially at the high school I graduated from I don't even really
think that they knew I was visually impaired. In fact, I had that very
thing happen with  my younger
sister biology teacher. This teacher didn't realize until my younger
sister and her best friend at the time did a report on Albinism. This
teacher didn't realize that I had Albinism. I guess that was my first
time feeling like I've educated someone able my condition, even though
I really didn't say anything.
Jessica