[blindkid] no appreciation for praise

Crystal Schumacher crystal_schu at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 27 02:20:13 UTC 2010

Hi Kathy,

My son Ben started piano when he was 7. He is now 10 and preparing for the Level 3 Syllabus in the Spring. We found a teacher who was comfortable teaching a blind child by ear.
I take notes during the lesson, so if he has questions, I can repeat what the piano teacher has said. As for his songs, we record them, he listens at home, learns the songs and practices them on the piano. I would love for Ben to learn the braille music code and I am hoping that when he gets to middle school in 6th grade here, he can sign up for Band, and then have support from a TVI. I hope this is helpful.

Crystal
Oregon