[blindkid] personal aide

Richard Holloway rholloway at gopbc.org
Tue Aug 31 15:47:19 UTC 2010

In at least our case, not having a paraprofessional involved at least
some of the time would cost our child a good bit of information about
what is happening in her class. Clearly this is a personal decision,
but again-- for us, while we absolutely want an independent and self-
sufficient child, we try to be careful not to make the timeframe for
that goal such a pressing priority that our child ends up without all
the information we feel she needs and is really entitled to. One thing
which seems to be key is to build and develop that knowledge base so
that over time our daughter will need less explanation of routine
events and there will be fewer and fewer gaps which need to be filled
in for her.

Richard