[blindkid] Technology and Little Kid

Richard Holloway rholloway at gopbc.org
Thu Feb 18 17:34:42 UTC 2010

Recently, I needed to jot down a phone number in a hurry in a loud and
socially awkward situation. (I am sighted.) Could not find a pen or
pencil so I went for my Blackberry and in the confusion, congestion
and noise the task became overwhelming. I use my BB often and with
ease, but at that moment I had the hardest time trying to talk with
several people and focus on opening something (and to see the tiny
keys and text with my bifocals in a dark room) where I could manage to
type in a  simple 10 digit number. All I needed right then was a
simple pen.

It is for that sort of situation that I want my daughter to ultimately
be prepared to grab that slate and stylus, if nothing else.