[blindkid] MacBook Pro

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Thu Feb 25 03:03:24 UTC 2010

The Mac is certainly a good alternative to a Windows-based PC, some
blind people love them, some don't. They don't use a touch screen,
yet anyway, so it will be some different from the iPod Touch.  Some
of the keyboard commands can get a little complex, and it is
different from a Windows-based PC.  If your son hasn't used Windows,
this may be easier in some ways, nothing to unlearn.

On the Apple, if a software package is written in a certain way, then
it is accessible.  If not there is nothing you can do, unlike Windows
where sometimes you can script in accessibility after the fact.

Dave