[blindkid] Guide dogs for twelve year olds?

Heather craney07 at rochester.rr.com
Thu Jan 21 03:00:32 UTC 2010

A cane will not make a mess on the floor if it is not taken out.  A cane can
not bite someone.  A cane will not get sick if it is fed table scraps.  A
cane will not get hungry if it is not fed.  A three year old's cane can be
taken away for a little while if they are having a tantrum and hitting other
children with it.  A guide dog can not be taken away temporarily from a
tween who is having a freek out over a boy who didn't ask them out, or not
getting a spot on the sports team of their choice.  If a cane is left
somewhere, it can always be replaced, a leash let go in panic can equal a
dead dog.  Just some thoughts.