[blindkid] prosthetic eye

Robert Jaquiss rjaquiss at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 29 15:53:51 UTC 2010

Hello:

     It is my understanding that prosthetic eyes serve two functions. The
first is cosmetic. The second is to fill the space in the eye socket, so the
bone structure of the face develops properly. I knew a person who had her
eyes removed when she was six. No prosthetics were used and she ended up
with a deformed face as an adult. You should consult with medical
professionals who have expertise in this area.

Regards,

Robert Jaquiss, President
Greater Ouachita Chapter
National Federation of the Blind