[blindkid] prosthetic eye

SUSAN POLANSKY sepolansky at verizon.net
Thu Jul 29 19:45:52 UTC 2010

My son was born with bilateral anopthalmia, he has had prosthetics his entire
life. We know several youth who have had one eye removed and wear a
prosthetis in one side and a shell in the other so both sides appear the
same. It will probably be a battle at first but it should not be a daily
battle. The shell and or prosthetic do not need to be removed daily. My
son removes his once every 2 to 3 weeks to wash and re-insert, some do it more
often some less.
 Susan T. Polansky