[blindkid] Convention for Kids

holly miller hollym12 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 04:18:57 UTC 2010

Hi!
I'm going to try really really really hard to make it to convention this
year, it will be my first one.
Part of me would like to come by myself so I can fully take in the various
seminars and networking.
The other part says there's no way I can hook up child care for a week so if
I'm going, he's going LOL!  I don't have anyone who can travel with us to
kid wrangle.

I'm concerned 6-7 days is going to be overwhelming for him though especially
since I don't know what to expect.  He's 9 1/2 and in 3rd grade.  Could you
tell me what your kid's experiences have been?  What kind of activities are
set up for this age range?  Do the kids have to sit through a lot of the
seminars with the parents?  Did you find you had to skip things to keep your
child from melting down?

Love to hear your thoughts!
Holly
aka Hank's mom