[blindkid] talking to a child about blindness

Heather craney07 at rochester.rr.com
Fri Mar 12 15:22:27 UTC 2010

It is freaken helarious to watch a group of blind kids play hide annd seak.
You can hide in obvious, but obscure places quite successfully.  For
instance, my friend candice was sitting up on our kitchen counter with her
feet drawn up.  I was looking under the  table, in closets, etc and there
she was five feet away, but hidden.  It is really fun, but it obviously does
not work if sighted kids are playing.  I would hide by laying across the top
back of the coutch or standing still on the piano and it would take them
forever to find me.  Once I got the hang of the system I had two different
hiding and seaking stratagies when playing with blind and sighted kids.  It
is really fun and eye opening if you think about it.