[blindkid] talking to a child about blindness

Richard Holloway rholloway at gopbc.org
Fri Mar 12 04:45:21 UTC 2010

I'm not aware of Gary's story-- I'd like to hear that sometime.

We have also run into the seeing "around the corner" concept and the
"in the next room" situation as well. It must seem odd if not outright
frustrating for her to not know when she's going to be caught doing
something she should not be, like destroying a toy and then to try and
call on that same apparent power of knowledge we have to learn what is
happening somewhere else only to hear that while we could see she was
chewing on the toy (etc.) from across the room or even the next room
through a doorway, we can't tell what the cat is doing behind the sofa
or the wall in the next room.

Of corse with the mirrors there is also the one-way mirror concept
too. I'm still trying to grasp the concept of that one's physics
myself!, LOL.

Richard