[blindkid] Need Advice on Scanner

Brad/Jill Weatherd snowedin at union-tel.com
Wed May 26 21:47:06 UTC 2010

Hi Friends,

Do any of you have any recommendations on what kind of scanning software our
school should purchase for our daughter (she'll be a senior)?  The old
version of Open Book that they have needs to be replaced, and we'd like to
get something that is easy to use and yields a good quality product.  The
TVI mentioned that the software they have doesn't deal with multiple columns
of text very well.  Any advice would be appreciated!  Also, a word to the
wise.don't wait until your child is a junior in high school to make sure
they know how to use a scanner to convert print into a useable format!
We've been nagging the school for years on this one, but we didn't get tough
soon enough.  Thanks!  Jill