[blindkid] multiplication in braille

Barbara Hammel poetlori8 at msn.com
Wed Oct 27 04:21:10 UTC 2010

Joy,
Okay, I'll try explaining this.  What you need to do is leave four lines at
the top since it's a two-digit problem.  So when multiplying the ones, for
the carried numbers you first put a line of dropped g's over the problem in
line with the line under it.  Then you write the carried number over the
number it's being added to.
For the tens place, you then put another line of dropped g's over where you
put your carried ones then do the same thing.  If you had more, you just
keep adding the lines of dropped g's on top.
Hope this makes sense.
Barbara

Yesterday is
A path well-trod,