[blindkid] Fw: Braille documentary seeking input

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at att.net
Sat Sep 4 15:02:01 UTC 2010

I'm passing along the following message:

BRAILLE LITERACY SUPPORT - Message Boards - American Foundation for the
 Blind

 AFB
 American Foundation for the Blind
 BRAILLE LITERACY SUPPORT

 Posted by magnoliaze on 8/31/2010 2:31:10 PM.

 I am working on a documentary in support of Braille Literacy and am
 seeking a variety of subjects to share their stories.

 We've already filmed the stories of some wonderful visually impaired
 children, but many of them had opportunities that not all people with
 vision loss
 have. Now we are trying to find subjects who aren't as fortunate as well
 as experts and those who are passionate about the current state of
 Braille Literacy.

 We'd like to discuss the biggest obstacles for literacy among the blind,
 to find out what needs to be done, and discuss in detail what people can
 do to
 help. Finally, we are recruiting subjects that need assistance, people
 who don't have as much access to Braille or education. We want to tell
 YOUR stories
 as a “call to action.”

 If you, or someone you know, are interested please email
 brailledocumentary at gmail.com, and I'll forward you our credentials. I
 hope to hear from you soon!