[blindkid] braille caravan

Richard Holloway rholloway at gopbc.org
Thu Apr 14 21:21:44 UTC 2011

Much larger. Probably close to an inch high for each cell. If I can find where they are around here I'll measure it an repost. Nice product, but more for conceptual learning as opposed to actual reading as proper braille. One cool feature of them is that you can practice typical brailling from the front or working from the backside, like with a slate and stylus, flipping them over to read-- the "dots" push through and you can see/feel them from both sides.

We had really good luck with the muffin tin trick even before things as small as the caravan blocks. Using a 6-muffin tin and some tennis balls to practice single letters is sort of like having a huge 3-D braille flashcard...

Richard