[blindkid] Embossers

Richard Holloway rholloway at gopbc.org
Wed Aug 24 15:49:07 UTC 2011

I should probably clarify how very cheaply I have bought old PC's for applications like this as well. The last time I needed to come up with an old PC to run 10-year-old-plus software, I think I paid $25 or $30 for two complete working computer systems, as in two CPU's. two monitors, two keyboards and two mice. I found them on CraigsList. People end up with these things that are too old to upgrade and won't run modern software very well, but if it is just a print station for an old embosser, there is a great chance you can make it work, and in this price range the risks are pretty small indeed.

On a lark, I just checked locally and in less than a minute, I found a working e-machines CPU with windows 98 for $10 and a complete HP Computer with windows XP and a flat screen monitor for $70. Just something to think about.