[blindkid] Embossers

Jaquiss, Robert RJaquiss at nfb.org
Wed Aug 24 19:36:28 UTC 2011

Hello Erin:

     It is my understanding that the Versapoint Duo was actually manufactured by Enabling Technologies. I would call them and ask about getting it refurbished.
Some years ago, I bought a used Juliet Pro on Ebay for $400 and had it refurbished for $500. True I spent almost $1,000 for an embosser, but it has served me well for seven years. More of an issue is the fact that the older machines use parallel or serial ports on a PC. Newer PCs don't have these ports and the USB converters don't work very well. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Robert

Robert Jaquiss
National Federation of the Blind