[blindkid] ipod touch/nano/cell phones?

Bo Page bo.page at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 25 23:57:47 UTC 2011

We bought our daughter a Apple Itouch and it's amazing what it can do.  It has a
screen reader built into it. It screen reads everything and makes it easy to
access links on the internet.  I got this as a precursor to the cell phone,
which was 50% more and wanted to test her ability with the ITouch first, because
the cell phone requires that you purchase internet access too.  The Ipod Itouch
has wifi.  My daughter is a senior and I won't let her bring it to school
though.  My feeling is the younger you start them using technology the better
are the chances they'll want more of it, and for a blind person, that is
everything!