[blindkid] accessible Disney, braille version

Joy Orton ortonsmom at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 03:31:26 UTC 2011

We enjoyed reading the braille park guide at Disney World. It was
available with a $25 deposit. All three braille readers with us liked
it. Our only issue was that the pages kept coming out of the plastic
comb binding, a good indication that it was being used!

The stationary braille park map only had words on it. There were no
tactile indications of paths, just names of things with a general idea
of their location. I thought it was a nice idea that might use a
little more work. :)

I saw information about the braille guide as well as audio
descriptions on the park guide for persons with disabilities, that we
received when we asked for the courtesy pass. Three adults in our
party requested passes; I was the only one who noticed that they had a
braille guide. It's something we need to make sure others know about.

Joy