[blindkid] kindergarten assistive technology

Sally Thomas seacknit at gmail.com
Fri May 6 22:53:18 UTC 2011

I agree that they do not replace a notetaker.  They are too cumbersome for a
small child to move from place to place. But they are especially good if
pushing down the keys on the Perkins is difficult for a child and erasing is
much easier!  It is sort of like an electric typewriter.  It is much easier
to set up math problems on a Mountbatten than it is on a Perkins but that
doesn't really come into play until the child is doing long division or
multiplication in the hundreds.  Last I heard they were around $4000 but
that was a while ago.

Sally Thomas