[blindkid] [Bulk] Social behavior

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Wed Oct 26 20:13:55 UTC 2011

Arielle:

I agree with you -- but I also think that there is one more aspect to
so-called blindisms, particularly eye poking.  And ... I am a 58 year
old totally blind adult, so been there and all that.  I think there
is an aspect of self stimulation to some of these behaviors,
particularly eye poking.  Sighted persons receive a great deal of
their stimulation visually, and without that channel we may turn to
other things to not get bored etc.

Dave