[blindkid] Learning how to play?

Bernadette Jacobs bernienfb75 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 19:19:24 UTC 2012

Hi Julie:

Bernie here!  This is my opinion, for what it's worth!  I'm with
Brandy completely!  She's hit the head right on the nail as far as I'm
concerned.  Yes, you should punish your three-year-old for these
behaviors.  However, this doesn't mean beating her to death.  She can
sit in time out for a couple minutes; something can be taken away from
her for a few minutes.  A very effective tool is something my
daughter's teacher uses.  When someone in her class room is
misbehaving, she simply turns toward another student who is doing as
required and praise them all over the place for doing such a very,
very good job.  Then, when the three-year-old isn't getting that kind
of attention, she'll figure out what to do for that same positive
attention?  I've done privatized child care for fifteen years for
people in Wisconsin and did the very same thing.  Amazing how it
actually worked.  These biting, hitting, kicking behaviors are
completely unacceptable and shouldn't be allowed by you or any other
family member.  When she gets to school Honey, they simply won't
tolerate it and, as Brandi says, could even kick her straight out.
I'm sure you don't want that.  Because, even at such a tender age, all
it takes is once and when another establishment looks at her and her
record...

Bernie