[blindkid] NOPBC at 2013 Washington Seminar

Carlton Anne Cook Walker attorneywalker at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 19:31:54 UTC 2012

Greetings:

On behalf of the National Organization of Parents of Blind Children
(NOPBC), I am writing to tell you about the exciting program NOPBC has
planned for the 2013 NFB Washington Seminar. This year, we will be
providing IEP Advocacy Seminars geared toward both parents of blind
children and to blind adult NFB advocates. Additionally, Debbie Kent Stein,
editor of Future Reflections, is planning a special issue this Spring on
the topic of IEPs. We believe that these seminars will be the “kick off”
for the special issue.

The IEP Advocacy for Parents of Blind Children seminar will be held on
Sunday, February 3, at 1 p.m. The IEP Advocacy for NFB Advocates will be
held on Monday, February 4, at 9 a.m. Both events will be held at the
Holiday Inn Capitol. Attendance at the NOPBC seminars is free, and all are
welcome.

While preregistration is not required, it would be helpful. If you would
like to attend either session, please contact me at your earliest
convenience at: nopbcpres at gmail.com. Please include your name, state, email
address, phone number, and which seminar you wish to attend [Parent of
blind child(ren) or NFB adult member].

I hope to see you in D.C. in February!

Carlton Anne Cook Walker

President