[blindkid] A Christmas Story IS running with DVS today.

Richard Holloway rholloway at gopbc.org
Wed Dec 26 16:06:23 UTC 2012

Outstanding-- I locked the copy on our DVR last year, so it was ready to play at anytime this season, and we've now collected DVS copies of several Christmas DVD's as well, so now I think Kendra feels a lot more included with Christmas programs. This was the first year that she seemed to actually like the idea of watching Christmas shows. I need to check, but I can probably offload it to a backup disc-- I'd hate to loose the show if my DVR drive should fail.

One neat thing that has changed on TiVo is the newer units now actually will record multiple languages for later playback. It is strange, because we have two units and only the newer has that feature. On the older machine you get whatever language you record, but on the newer one, you can select either language after the recording is made, just like closed captioning.

I had the same two TiVo machines last year and neither one had that feature, so clearly TiVo upgraded the software to add that, but ONLY added it on the newer machines.

Hard to believe Christmas has zoomed past again for the year. Seems like we just got settled in for 2012 but a week from now will be 2013!

Happy Holidays!

Sent from my iPad