[blindkid] sports leagues

Kim Cunningham kim at gulfimagesphoto.com
Sun Feb 12 14:48:30 UTC 2012

Penny,
Have you heard about Beep Baseball? It's a great sport and can be played with both sighted and blind kids. The rules are similar to regular baseball, however all players must wear sleep shades. We had a team in Houston for a while and the kids LOVED it. My daughter was so excited to find out her university had a team. Perhaps you know of someone who would be interested in coaching?
Only you know if your daughters vision will allow her to play safely. The team could use a beep baseball, however it is much heavier than a typical softball. You could also use beeping locators at the bases.
Just a thought...
Kim Cunningham