[blindkid] Playground Equipment

Carly B barnesraiser at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 16:30:07 UTC 2012

Hi Debra,

My son attends the Minnesota State Academy for the Blind and they recently
used some grant money to put in an addition to their playground. It's not
equipment that's adapted, per se, but it's more tactile and auditory than
you would typically see in a playground. For example, there are instrument
type pieces (like a piano and bells, if I remember) and things that are
easy to climb and swing and explore. My 9 year old son loves it!

I'm sure that MSAB would welcome communication from your TVI friend in
Chicago and could offer her some valuable input. Here is a link to the
school's contact info. I'm not sure who she should contact there, probably
either the school secretary or the director:

http://www.msab.state.mn.us/Contact/index.aspx

Best!

:) Carolynn Barnes