[blindkid] blindkid messages are open to public on Google

Penny Duffy pennyduffy at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 02:29:29 UTC 2012

Leah,

Only a few NFB list servs are set to private. The benefit being of
the archives being available to search is that you can find old posts.
Sometimes when I search for a certain topic there isn't anything available
online with the exception of a past post in this group.
I am sure that is the thought behind it being open.

I don't have any option on this one way or another.

-Penny
On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 9:44 PM, Leah Pratt Roberts
<hikingshoes at gmail.com>wrote:

> I am in the process of changing my name and searched it on Google. I was
> surprised to find that all the messages I have written on blindkid are
> available to the public. Does the list administrator know this? It would be
> nice if we could change this - some people write on the list about ongoing
> legal cases and such.
>
> Leah Roberts
>
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindkid_nfbnet.org/pennyduffy%40gmail.com

--Penny