[blindkid] Board Games for Kids

Pat Renfranz dblair2525 at msn.com
Sun Jul 22 17:00:42 UTC 2012

Hi Sariah-
I can't believe your beautiful baby is going to be 4 soon!

I think you've heard all this, but here are a few games Caroline liked at
that age:
Hi Ho! Cherry-O: modified the spinner with glitter glue/puff paint, used
dymo-tape Braille for labels
Lucky Ducks: I put dymo-tape braille letters to use for matching. Could use
any tactile materal. I can still hear the quacking a decade later...
Go Fish and Old Maid: I purchased Brailled cards
Chutes and Ladders: made ladders out of sticks and glued down. Chutes I cut
from a sticky-back slick paper. Path demarcated too but can't remember how.
Bumparena: Brailled cards. Again, could mark instead/in addition with
tactile pictures

Enjoy!!
Pat