[blindkid] Braille instruction placement determination

Ashley Georges ashleyg420 at hotmail.com
Wed May 9 20:12:15 UTC 2012

Hello,  I am in the process of getting Braille incorporated into my child's curriculum for the 2012-13 school year. Are any there laws pertaining to where Braille instruction may be carried out? Do instructors typically come teach the child at his/her school(in district setting), or is it common for a child to receive lessons at a center for the blind/visuallyimpaired(seperate placement setting)? I am from Nebraska and am being told that the Nebraska City Education Center for the Blind and Visually impaired only offers on-site Braille instruction...any insight would be very much appreciated! Thanks,Ashley Gilfillan