[blindkid] walking home from school.

Penny Duffy pennyduffy at gmail.com
Tue May 15 05:30:38 UTC 2012

Hello everyone.

I am considering have my kids walk home from school next year without
me.Did I really just say that.  We are walking distance from the school.
They have walked the route often.  My kids who will be in 3rd grade and 5th
grade next year and would be walking home TOGETHER.  One of my kids are
blind and the other one is sighted.   I am really looking for some input.
 I can't see why my daughter's blindness is that much of an  issue.  Should
i wait till Abby's O&M street crossing skills are better?  When Abby was in
kindergarten (and sighted) I always thought that I would let the kids walk
home when they were win 5th and 3rd grade.

I think it would be great for both my kids than again the kids may reject
the idea and the rules that come with it.

--Penny