[blindkid] Website Accessibility

Mary Strahan phouka at kc.rr.com
Wed Apr 10 00:14:45 UTC 2013

Hello all,

I'm working on a "Demonstration of Expertise" as part of the interview
process for a job I would love to get at the Johnson County Library.  As
part of the demonstration, I've been asked to evaluate two Web sites,
telling what's good and what could be improved with each.  I would like to
include accessibility as part of my evaluation.

This is where you come in:  are there standards, tools, etc. you would
recommend for evaluating accessibility?  I'd like to evaluate not just for
B/VI accessibility, but also for other disabilities if possible.  (Subtitles
on videos are important, for example, for people who are deaf or hard of
hearing).  Any suggestions/recommendations would be most appreciated!

Thank you all for your help!!

--Mary

Help me help CCVI by donating to--or better yet, joining!--Eddie's Entourage
and this year's Trolley Run.
http://trolleyrun.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1031951&li
s=1&kntae1031951=49AB3445947C4BF39CC2C67F746B519C&supId=344473835

You can also help by shopping (yes, shopping!).  Check out
http://my.fundraising.com/EddiesEntourage