[blindkid] Stop the blind bullying! Re: Blind bullying

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Wed Apr 10 18:09:45 UTC 2013

Julie, I was bullied many times when I was in school.  I got in trouble a
few times at Frances Blend School for The Visually-Impaired.  Believe it or
not, the "I don't believe you," approach does not work.  You believe her,
and you believe her.  I was never called a "blink" or a "blindie."  At
least, until I got toward North Torrance High School.  North High has a
great assortment of people with disabilities, from blind to spina bifida,
from wheelchair-bound students to trainable multihandicapped people.  The
way to deal with all this bullying is through the horse's mouth.  The
bullied family/ies need to have an unnannounced parent/teacher conference.
That means only you, your daughter, and the district know the date of the
conference.  The District only announces the PTC at the last minute,
catching the parent(s) and the bully(s) off guard.  You must demand an
apology/ies to these people.  And don't hold back!

Eric
..

Eric from Los Angeles.  May 2013 be the best ever, and may the rest of
your life be a joyous occasion. Eric on Facebook: eric at pmpmail.com.  On
Night Talk: 914-940-1028.  Confidentiality Notice: This email is for the
sole use of its its intended recipient(s).  Please consider before
forwarding.  Any communication deemed to be slanderous, obscene or
inappropriate in any way may be subject to blacklisting without notice.
recipient(s) are hereby reminded that harassment, at any time, will not be
tolerated.   c+,aber, an objectionable email may be a deletable email.
Thank you for your cooperation.