[blindkid] free webinar -- 504 & ADAAA after high school - Jan 14 at 11am

Doreen Franklin doreenproverbs3 at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 12 17:15:53 UTC 2013

Good morning,

I am attaching the information below for a free webinar on 504 & ADAAA after high school. This is beneficial information to all. Please feel free to pass it on to other families or any professionals that might benefit. It will be held on Monday, Jan 14 from 11-12:30 and is presented by Central FL Parent Center (one of the parent training & information centers in the state).

I work for Central FL Parent Center as the IEP Coach for the Southeast Region. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!

Have a great day!

Doreen Franklin
Secretary, St Lucie Chapter of NFB-FL
and
V Pres, FOPBC
772-284-4458

Join us for a FREE Webinar

  Section 504 and the ADAAA
After High School

Join Wilbur Hawke and Anna Brynild
with Central FL Parent Center
 for this informative webinar -
 register (below) today!

January 14th - 11:00 am - 12:30 pm

In order to have a smooth transition from high school to work or post-secondary education, it is important for students and their families to understand Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA).

The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) only covers students in the public school setting. Section 504 and the ADAAA are broader anti-discrimination laws that prohibit discrimination against individuals with disabilities.

This presentation provides an overview of the legal protections provided by Section 504 and the ADAAA in post-secondary education and work.

 To register:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/791809840