[blindkid] Presentation Outline Revised

Carol Castellano carol.joyce.castellano at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 14:14:44 UTC 2013

    * The National Reading Media Assessment: Connecting Educators and
Parents to Evidence-Based Practice Through Innovative Technology
    * SESSION 109 - YELLOWSTONE/EVERGLADES

<http://leadership-2013.events.tadnet.org/uploads/1822/download>109 -
NRMA Quick Start Guide

Primary Audience:  Parent Training and Information Center (PTI) and
Community Parent Resource Center (CPRC)

Secondary Audiences:  Section 619, Part B

Presenters:  Edward Bell, Director, Professional Development and
Research Institute on Blindness at Louisiana Tech University, LA;
Casey Robertson, Teacher of Blind and Visually Impaired Students,
Independent Contractor, MS; Carol Castellano, Director of Programs,
National Organization of Parents of Blind Children (NOPBC), NJ;
Jessica Ewell, Project Coordinator, Department of Education, National
Federation of the Blind (NFB), MD

This presentation fosters innovative leadership and learning by
demonstrating how a new learning media assessment for blind and
visually impaired students in prekindergarten through 12th grade
builds a bridge from evidence-based assessment practice to the use of
technology in data synthesis and management. State Part B Directors
and staff, State Section 619 (Part B) Coordinators, as well as PTIs
and CPRCs will find this presentation especially relevant.