[blindkid] Why JAWS?

Heather Field missheather at comcast.net
Thu Mar 7 07:34:12 UTC 2013

Hello Brandon,
If your child is a braille user then braille proficiency should take first
place. She will always build on the literacy she has developed on the
braille device. So, whether a braille note taker or a computer with
refreshable braille display, braille must always be part of the writing and
reading experience. "listening" to what a laptop says is not reading, it is
listening. Given your tvi's willingness to get a braille note taker, why not
start with the free screen-reader from Sarotech {spelling :(] and work on
developing braille skills with the Perkins and the braille note taker.
My thoughts as a teacher of blind students who is  also blind.
Regards,
Heather