[blindkid] Tactile graphics question

Pat Renfranz dblair2525 at msn.com
Tue Mar 26 03:48:20 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,
I am giving a presentation (regarding getting my daughter through World
Geography) at the NFB¹s Tactile Graphics conference in April. I am one of
the few parents presenting‹don¹t know how many will be in attendance. I
would like to give the non-parents and teachers in the audience some context
regarding what it¹s like to get graphics implemented into the regular
curriculum.

Thus, I am curious about what other students receive or don¹t receive in
terms of graphics. Our experience has been all over the map (so to speak),
from no graphics to overly complicated graphics to poorly rendered graphics
to too late to help graphics. It has been difficult, but has our experience
been particularly bad or unique?  What has been your student¹s experience?
If it has been good, why? If there¹s anything you would like me to pass on
to the developers, please let me know.

You can check out the schedule of speakers at the NFB¹s website.

Pat