[blindkid] Talking Tying Teacher

Richard Holloway rholloway at gopbc.org
Wed May 22 11:35:18 UTC 2013

Some schools will let student use their (school) copy of software at home. To my understanding this is generally may be legal if the software has been bought for a particular student and is not being shared by others or if it will be shared, multiple copies (assuming a single user license) can't be launched/used at the same time.

I'm not a lawyer or an expert, but I think what is more likely to happen is that a single blind student in a location where nobody else would possibly need the software in a school or school system is much more likely to be given access to the software at home. In a system which services multiple blind students on an ongoing basis, they may remain concerned to retain the software for the use by future students.

I have no idea if this is appropriate from the standpoint of the use of quota funds, but it is my understanding of what often happens.