[blindkid] Potty training

B. S. rlsayers at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 14 15:38:08 UTC 2013

Hello everyone. I wanted to reach out and see if anyone has any tips for potty training a blind toddler. My son Hunter is 14 months old and is showing signs that it is time to start potty training, but I am having a hard time finding ways to get him interested. With my oldest son, who is sighted, I realize that the bulk of potty training was very visual. He was fully potty trained by 18 months. With Hunter, there just seems to be no interest. So, any advice and/or ideas will be warmly received and appreciated. We live in a rural area of Indiana and unfortunately, there is nothing available to us as far as assistance.
Thank you to everyone in advance.
Rebecca