[blindkid] Cutting lines and accepting help at airports

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Sat Oct 12 03:18:32 UTC 2013

Hi Arielle, it's Eric.  I just read your response, and I was always told
that while in a group, do what the group does and be quiet.  This could
also mean skipping lines at theme parks.  When I was at Disney's California
Adventure, I was by myself last year, but I had some assistance getting on
and off rides.  To this date, I have very strong objections waiting for a
ride longer than an hour.  1.  It could be a hot day, and I could get
sunburned.  2.  I get aggravated standing on my feet for long periods.
Luckily, I would need assistance for this reason.

Arielle, I took a trip to Nashville this year, and took all assistance
offered.  The only things I didn't accept were offers to sit in a
wheelchair.  Since Southwest Air Lines doesn't have assigned seating, I
accepted pre-boarding arrangements.  I also had 2 objections: use of the
straight cane and holding up the planes.

I'll say, for the record, that only a few of you know my birthday, which
is March 21.  I'll be 40 then, so I have endured a lot of fights for and
with advocacy.  I've learned to be militant, pro-active, and to stand up
for myself.  To everyone on blindkid, thank you for bringing this topic up.
 And Arielle, you've taught me alot, too!  Cynthia, thank you, too.  I hope
Jack is doing well.

Eric
..

..

Eric from Los Angeles.  Live life!  Love community!  Eric on Facebook:
eric at pmpmail.com.

Confidentiality Notice: This email, and all contents herein, is the
property of Philmore Productions Net-By-Phone, and may not be forwarded or
desiminated in any way.  This email, and any other emails, are for the
intent of the recipient(s).  Violators are hereby reminded that any form of
harassment will not be tolerated, and all email is subject to deletion at
any time.  Violators are hereby notified that any email deemed to be
obscene, vulgar, or inappropriate may also be subject to blacklisting
without notice.  Remember!: An objectionable email may be a deletable
email.  Philmore Productions appreciates your cooperation.  Night Talk:
914-940-1028; Conversation Station: 712-432-6499, Mailbox 3150.  Try to be
good to each other.