[blindkid] Accepting help

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Sat Oct 12 14:18:53 UTC 2013

Hi Steve, I concur with your statement.  I also think, individually, that
help should not be forced upon us.  People grabbing someone, and sitting
them down like a baby, then gossipping about it under their breath.  I've
always tried to be nice to people, but I act on instinct.  In Los Angeles,
this is frowned upon us blind folks, especially in the inner city.  You
also answered a question that someone once asked me: Why won't you accept
help, even when you don't need it?  This also goes back to an article I
wrote in last year's Matilda Ziegler.

As someone who is blind, and is constantly in advocacy, I never get tired
of advocacy, self-advocacy or otherwise.  Whatever helps us, makes us
stronger.
..

..

Eric from Los Angeles.  Live life!  Love community!  Eric on Facebook:
eric at pmpmail.com.

Confidentiality Notice: This email, and all contents herein, is the
property of Philmore Productions Net-By-Phone, and may not be forwarded or
desiminated in any way.  This email, and any other emails, are for the
intent of the recipient(s).  Violators are hereby reminded that any form of
harassment will not be tolerated, and all email is subject to deletion at
any time.  Violators are hereby notified that any email deemed to be
obscene, vulgar, or inappropriate may also be subject to blacklisting
without notice.  Remember!: An objectionable email may be a deletable
email.  Philmore Productions appreciates your cooperation.  Night Talk:
914-940-1028; Conversation Station: 712-432-6499, Mailbox 3150.  Try to be
good to each other.