[blindkid] FW: [sensoryintegration] RE: DISNEYLAND RALLY THIS SATURDAY

Penny Duffy pennyduffy at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 14:35:56 UTC 2013

Yes... All children have different capabilities than others.  If a
voluntary accommodation of a business makes a child experience from
miserable to tolerable I don't see that as a bad thing at all.   I
regularly encourage my daughter to ask to get preferential seating if
appropriate, Sometimes no matter how close she sit doesn't make a
difference at all.  What i have started to do is to encourage my daughter
to know when an accommodation is appropriate and I am trying to grow the
tools for her to ask herself.   If a business required we got a special
pass to got this accommodation like  I would do this.  I know it would make
her visit so much better.

The line thing that Allison said about the line was interesting because my
daughter's school started to do that exact same thing and I had to ask them
to stop doing it.  Schools do fruity things. As an example that sometimes
an accommodation makes a big different last week my daughter went to her
group violin class in school.  They didn't provide para in this class (they
normally do) and she was very frustrated because they were working on
finger positions and she did't know were to put her fingers. I told her i
would email the school about for her but i made her tell me that she wanted
me to.  I am really working with her when  she recognizes assistance in
needed and when its not.