[blindkid] {Disarmed} Fwd: Exclusive Tonight Show Opportunity for Camp Invention!

Penny Duffy pennyduffy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 21:11:56 UTC 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Camp Invention" <campinvention at invent.org>
Date: Jan 29, 2014 4:05 PM
Subject: Exclusive Tonight Show Opportunity for Camp Invention!
To: <pennyduffy at gmail.com>

         <http://cl.exct.net/?qs=6b113560ac594f8513602a9fc3ac36dfbacb5f39c19e91ca5ecb0bceb388a948>

JANUARY 29, 2014

*The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon* shared some exciting news with us
regarding
a February taping! The program plans to feature young inventors during a
segment
and approached us for assistance in finding children for this national
opportunity.
Because we were developed by the Inductees to the National Inventors Hall
of Fame
and the fact that Camp Invention is a renowned leader in the field of
children's education,
they felt we are a great partner to help spread the word.

*Who The Tonight Show is looking for:*
An outgoing, energetic boy or girl aged 5-16 with a clever, fun,
interesting invention
who's willing to make a 1-2 minute video that showcases the inventor and
invention.

*What they need in the video submission:*
A simple video (you can use a video camera or a smartphone)
that features the following things:

   - Name
   - Age
   - Hometown
   - Invention Name
   - How he or she got the idea for the invention
   - A demonstration of how the invention works

*How to send it:*
Email the video (or a link, if it's easier to upload it to YouTube or Vimeo)
to Camp Invention at *tonightshow at invent.org* <tonightshow at invent.org>.

*Make sure the email includes:*

   - Inventor's name, age and hometown
   - Invention name
   - Parent/guardian name, phone number and email address

*DEADLINE - Monday, February 3rd, 2014 by 4:00 PM EST.*

Please note that we'll be getting lots of submissions from across the
country and while
we appreciate you taking the time to submit and will look at every
submission we get,
we won't be able to personally respond to all of them. There is no
guarantee any child's submission to Camp Invention will be selected by *The
Tonight Show*.

<http://cl.exct.net/?qs=6b113560ac594f85337426f490d0815e81833d9b69257e91ad282a9e098d831c>
<http://cl.exct.net/?qs=6b113560ac594f85bb5da4db50006d4d25b740bd77e867313f2beb77c0be8bd8>

Camp Invention<http://cl.exct.net/?qs=6b113560ac594f8513602a9fc3ac36dfbacb5f39c19e91ca5ecb0bceb388a948>*