[blindkid] COME TO THE 2014 NOPBC CONFERENCE!!!

Carol Castellano carol_castellano at verizon.net
Sat Jun 14 14:43:00 UTC 2014

COME TO THE 2014 NOPBC CONFERENCE!!!
TAKING THE NEXT STEP
Tuesday, July 1 – Sunday, July 6 in Orlando, Florida

Only ONE day left to pre-register for the NOPBC
Annual Conference.  When you preregister, you not
only SAVE $$$, but you also help NOPBC plan a smoother conference.

Preregistration closes on Sunday, June 15!

The NOPBC Conference offers opportunities for parents to:

·    Learn from award-winning teachers and
experts in technology and cane travel, and from
blind adults, blind youth, and parents who have “been there”
·    Meet other families with blind/VI children and youth
·    Get involved in advocating for educational issues facing our children
·    Have your child/youth participate in fun
activities, designed just for them

This year’s conference highlights:

Seminar Day (Tuesday, July 1)

·    Entire day of events planned for parents, children, and youth
·    Workshops on hot topics such as technology;
independence in school, home, and community;
tactile graphics; helping your blind baby explore
the world; getting ready for college; working
toward maximum independence and
self-determination for the child with additional disabilities.
·    Special activities for blind/visually impaired children and youth
·    Socialize with other families

Other days:

·    Attend a Cane Walk session, where you and
your child can work directly with an experienced cane travel instructor
·    Enjoy the Youth Style Show where our kids
strut their stuff (your child is welcome to participate)
·    Watch our kids battle through sharks and
alligators in the Breaking Barriers Triathlon
·    Choose armfuls of free Braille books and
have them shipped to your home free of charge
·    Hear cutting edge presentations on science,
3-D graphics, new programs for blind/VI kids, and more
·    Learn how to design and implement a good IEP
·    Attend NFB sessions and hear about the
latest initiatives, issues, and innovations

Visit our website,
<http://nopbc.org/>http://nopbc.org/ for more
information, or go directly to
<<http://nopbc.org/programs-and-events/2014-annual-conference/item/25-registration-information>NOPBC