[blindkid] [Nfbc-info] Fw: iBRAL

Richard Holloway rholloway at gopbc.org
Tue Oct 28 04:43:06 UTC 2014

I agree as well. Readers are Leaders was a fun and useful approach to help get our kids reading Braille. I hope that something can be put in place to replace it one day.

We are fortunate to have a very academically successful VI child on our hands, but she has no light perception, so Braille is her only way to read. It is clear to is that a major reason she is so successful at school is that she was reading Braille from quite early on (she was reading Braille quite well by age three).

I think that Kendra's greatest Braille motivators were things like Readers are Leaders as well as participation in the Braille Challenge.

Sent from my iPhone